Wednesday, March 18, 2009

slacker...


Life has been busy lately, but the real reason for me being a blogging slacker is that they blocked this website at work. :( What am I supposed to do with myself now?

Wedding plans have been slowing down, which is good. Flowers, caterer, photographer, church, my dress, and [almost] tuxes have been figured out. It took about 4 weeks before I found a reception site that was open and in my price range, that was the most frustrating part.

Actually the most frustrating part may have been picking out bridesmaid dresses. I had been to every bridesmaid shop in town, tried on most of the dresses in each store, and hated everything. Finally, Kim and I (who was 5 or 6 months pregnant at the time) went to the store where I got my wedding dress (again) and tried on about 1/2 of the dresses. We found 2 that we liked.

But not everyone was a big fan of those...so back to square one.

I got an email from Kim one night with a picture of a dress from David's Bridal that she liked, so we went there that week and everyone loved it and they are now all bought and ordered!



In the meantime, I have been working on invitations and making practice cakes. I take them to work because you can't leave me alone with a cake...even if it is Lent!

Next on the list is booking the honeymoon and rehearsal dinner location!

What do you think of the cakes?

No comments: