Friday, May 12, 2006

london, day 5

Hello again!

I hope you are all doing well! The past couple of days have been good.
Well, the first part isn't good but the rest is.

Yesterday Kim was sick in the morning so my cousin Dave and I went
on a walk around his town with Abby, their 9-month old golden retriever.
It is such a beautiful place to be! We walked through lovely gardens
and by the river and through the town shopping center.

After Kim woke up, we went to go see Windsor Castle. The last admission
was supposed to be at 4pm and we got there about 3:59pm. But, they
were closed and obviously had been for at least five minutes because
everything was closed and barred. So, insead of being discouraged, we
decided that we'd at least get a good outside shot of the castle.

So we found a postcard with a good view and walked around to where we
thought the photo was taken and then got the picture! We had a lot of fun
despite the potentially unfortuante circumstances. We also saw some
Indian people shooting part of a dance scene for a Bollywood film! So of
course we had to sneak around trying to end up in background shots!

Today we woke up early and headed into London. We saw the changing of
the palace guard at Buckinham Palace, which was not that exciting. Then
we went to Westminster Abbey, but they were charging to get in and there
was a long line of tourists. So, Dave pointed out the Catholic cathedral and
we went over there and walked in during daily Mass! So we got to go toMass, which was an unexpected treat.

Then Kim and I went to the Tower of London and Dave went to a bookstore.
The tower of London was not too exciting, but we did find one of the palace
guards and managed to put a smirk on his face by the fuss we were making
over trying to take a picture with both of us plus him in it by ourselves.

We were so proud!

Then we went to St. Paul's Cathedral for some Anglican Evensong. In the
church yard, we saw an Indian family feeding a little squirrel! The boy saw
that we wanted to feed her and take her picture, so he gave us some of
his peanuts and led the squirrel over to us! We took so many picutres and
videos! It was the most fun ever!

For dinner we met up with Dave and Lara and ate at a little pub/thai restaurant!
On part of the way home we rode on the top of a double-decker bus, which
was fun but slightly scary!

And tomorrow we leave! I am so grateful to my cousins for letting us stay
with them! This has been a nice break to what would have been a 24 hour
plane ride!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Thanks again for the prayers and emails!

God bless you!


P.S. We added/will soon add more photos so be sure to check them out!

You can also try to go to Kim's myspace account to see some of our videos at

No comments: