Sunday, February 06, 2005

best date ever!

So again, it's been a very long time since I last posted. But life has been fairly busy...

First of all, things with Jesus have still been a bit rushed. I am trying to stop at Adoration on my way home from school, which has been nice, and many days I get out early from school, which allows me to make it to noon Mass. God is faithful. I believe that during Lent my church also has daily Mass at nighttime, which would be great! I am also excited for going to a Christopher West conference that my church is sponsoring in March. That should be very good.

School has been getting easier, not that it was hard to begin with. I really enjoy my nursing labs and a project that we're doing with an elderly person from our community. We get to go talk to them once a week and interview then on various aspects of their life (e.g. nutrition status, home safety, health history, etc.). I am working with a lady from my church and working with her has really changed my impression of elderly people a lot. (In a good way.) At first I was a bit upset by the project, but now I know that it will be of great use for my nursing career.

Things have also been going very well with Manuel. Being able to see him once a week rather than every six months has been good for our relationship. We are both happier around each other and it just feels like we have more of a "normal" relationship now. Yesterday we spent all day making entry forms for a grocery store sweepstakes. The store is giving away a $200 gift card and the entry forms say "Apply as many times as you want, but you can only win once." So...my dear, dear boyfriend goes out and gets every single entry form that he can find (about 4,300 or so) and makes labels to stick on each one. We worked on them for at least 6 hours yesterday and only finished half! Hopefully he wins, but I think it would be hillarious if the didn't after all of that effort. It was the best date ever.

I have also been getting a lot happier. When I first had to move back to Des Moines, I got a bit depressed by being home alone all day, not being able to see any of my friends (except Manuel on the weekends), and not being able to see Jesus as much as I wanted too. But I have been making more of an effort to do all of these things lately, as I realized how negative I was feeling. So hopefully soon everything will be going much better.

Well, there's another update. Hopefully I'll be posting more regularly from now on.

Have a wonderful day!

God bless you all!



No comments: