Friday, May 30, 2008

who you've got


A few days ago, I woke up to the words "Sometimes it's hard to remember who you've got" on my alarm radio. I wish I didn't have the habit of jumping out of bed and shutting the alarm off so quickly because I would have liked to have heard the rest of the song. Oh well.

But how perfect is that? It is easy to see how amazing our love is when we are in a new relationship. We admire almost every thing they say or do. We fawn over them and shower them with affection. There is no doubt in anyone's mind of our feelings towards our beloved.

As time goes by, however, and the stardust begins to fade, we get caught up in other things besides the amazing person that we're in love with. At these times, it's a good idea to reflect on how blessed we are to have this wonderful person in our lives.

Of course I am still totally infatuated with Ryan and hope to always have this sense of wonder about him. I love seeing the differences between us because we complement each other. And the similarities give us points to deepen our relationship through shared experiences. Basically I feel very blessed when I "remember who I've got."

Yep. My boyfriend is amazing. (In case you didn't know already.)

Jesus, thank you for Ryan and for the opportunity to get to know him. You did a great job when you created him!


1 comment:

Ruth Ann said...

that is pretty much the cutest picture ever of you two! Love it! Love you! Love love love!