Tuesday, July 01, 2008

we all need a little prize

So about a month ago I was at Kohl's buying a baby gift for my cousin when I found an adorable little dress that I know my Goddaughter Cecilia would love. For the past month I have had is carefully wrapped in the trunk of my car waiting for an opportunity to give it to her.

Of course, with five siblings, I also had to buy presents for the other kids. So I found gummy lunchables at HyVee for the five oldest kids and some little finger food cereals for the baby.


I love brining boxes of joy to that family! The kids are so great and appreciate whatever you do for them. Libbie (the one who cut Cecie's hair) was a little upset, however that she didn't get a dress. Her mom had to explain to her that her Godmother had given Libbie a present for her preschool graduation and Cecilia didn't get one. Godmothers have a special obligation to their Godchildren and we don't always get presents from other people's Godparents.

But she cheered up a little when I made a special hair ribbon for her out of the bow from the present.


Then Sue (the mom) asked me to bake and decorate a 4th of July cake for the baby's first birthday, so I'm excited about that! I think I'll make sparkler candles for it!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue's kids are so sweet! And you are a good god mother!