Thursday, July 31, 2008

wedding cakes

Yesterday I went to my dear friend Angel's house to help her decorate her wedding cakes! It was a lot of fun, but it was a bit hot with the oven and no A/C. When we started frosting the cakes I got a bit nervous because they started to crumble a bit.



It all turned out well in the end, though. We covered them with fondant frosting and put strings of pearls on them. She will also put red ribbon around the bottom of the cakes. We ran out of time, otherwise I would have gotten to help with this as well.



Her kitty even helped us decorate. Actually, he was just curious about what was going on but in the end decided sleeping was more fun.


It was good to see her. Angel and I were in high school youth group together, but haven't seen her much since we started college. She is marrying Greg on Saturday. They are such fun people and I know they will have a wonderful life together!



Jesus, please bless Angel and Greg as they prepare to spend the rest of their lives together! (And help the cakes be yummy!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cakes looked beautiful! Great job!

Anonymous said...

oh, and I really really really want to see pictures of the office party!!