Sunday, January 29, 2012

almond butter

I had never heard of almond butter until last week. Wow...had I been missing out! I wanted to make some protein bars for Ryan for after his workouts and it called for 1 cup of nut butter (almond, cashew, sunflower seed, or peanut). I was almost out of peanut butter, so I thought I'd try something new.

So glad I did!

It is so good and super easy to make!



Toast 2 cups of almonds in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes. Then I put them into the food processor for about 10-15 minutes more.



About halfway through it will look like this. At this point I added 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp honey.



Then I ran it until it was smooth and creamy. If it seems too dry just run it for longer and the natural oil in the almonds will break down a little more and make the almond butter creamier. 2 cups of almonds makes about 1 cup of almond butter. Jar and store in the fridge for 1 week.



Enjoy it on toast with some honey...so so so good!

Love, K

No comments: