Super delicious! It's basically diced veggies + lime juice and salt with amazing spiced peanuts on top. My friends and I can't get enough of it! After making it a few hundred times, I decided I should probably share the secret. Hope you enjoy it!
- Chop about 2 cups of raw Spanish peanuts using a food chopper.
- I like to put them in a colander or fine mesh strainer after I chop them to get rid of
some of the peanut dust. (See how much dust I got rid of this time?!)
- Peel, seed and dice 2 large cucumbers. Pick cucumbers that are firm and still have some bumps on them, that way the seeds won't be too big. To seed, I like to quarter the cucumbers, stand them on their ends, and slice all of the seeds off with one cut.
- Seed (or de-gut, as I like to say) 3 large roma tomatoes and dice.
- Dice 1/2 a red onion (I forgot to buy one, so I used a yellow onion)
- Chop 1/3 cup cilantro
- Optional: You may seed and dice a green chili if you want some spice (I never do because I'm a weenie)
- Mix veggies and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add juice of 1 lime (~4tbsp) and 1 tsp kosher salt and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat, up to 24 hours.
- Heat 1tsp peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet and add chopped peanuts.
- Fry peanuts until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2-3tbsp chat masala (Indian spice blend) to taste and 1/2 tsp kosher salt, stir well.
- Remove from heat and place peanuts in a bowl.