Friday, March 23, 2012

friday: crab linguine

My baby sister is turning 25 on the 30th and we were celebrating her birthday tonight. She requested I make Reese's cheesecake brownies from Pip & Ebby (a-mazing), Red Lobster copycat biscuits, and my crab linguine. My crab linguine is my usual Lenten Friday fallback because it's easy and super delicious, but I hadn't made it yet because I've been posting my Friday meals and don't want to seem lame. :)



I made half of the brownies while Eliza was taking a nap. Then I got all of the ingredients packed up and headed to my parent's house to finish the meal. As you can see we were in for a very rich meal.

We had a nice celebration and a wonderful meal. I'm pretty sure we all felt like unbuttoning our pants after dinner, though. I know I sure did.



Crab Linguine
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup half & half
  • 1 1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 16 oz imitation crab meat, chopped
  • 1 cup thawed frozen peas
  • 1 lb linguine pasta
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions.
After beginning to boil pasta, melt butter, half & half, and cheese in a large skillet until bubbly and thickened. About 10 minutes.
Add imitation crab and peas to the sauce until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Serve sauce over cooked linguine.



Red Lobster Copycat Biscuits
  • 2 cups Bisquick
  • 1/2 cup cold water
  • 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Preheat over to 350F.
Mix Bisquick, water, and cheese together until a dough is formed.
Roll dough on a lightly floured surface until 1" thick and cut into 8-10 biscuits.
Melt butter and mix with spices.
Place cut out biscuits on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and brush with butter/spice mixture.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Enjoy warm.



Ok I'm getting tired now, so I'll just let you go to Pip & Ebby's site to get the brownie recipe. Fair warning: these are super rich! Cut yourself a small square!

Here are my pictures of making the brownie delight. You can see what it is. Candy + Brownie + Cheesecake + Fudge + more Candy! Yep. Genius.




The glorious finished product.



Ready to dig in!



Brownie+cheesecake+candy+fudge=A-mazing!

Happy Birthday Emmy! Thanks for being a great sister!

Love, K

No comments: