Sunday, September 26, 2004

faithfulness to calm the torrents

So God is very faithful, in case any of us had any doubts! He uses me although I am a sinner, and He calls me into His loving arms through the absolution of reconciliation!

Psalm 124:1-8

Had not the LORD been with us, let Israel say,
Had not the LORD been with us, when people rose against us,
They would have swallowed us alive, for their fury blazed against us.
The waters would have engulfed us, the torrent overwhelmed us;
seething waters would have drowned us.
Blessed be the LORD, who did not leave us to be torn by their fangs.
We escaped with our lives like a bird from the fowler's snare; the snare was broken and we escaped.
Our help is the name of the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.
Oh Lord! You have been so marvelous to me in my life! Despite my pitiful attempts at holiness, You continue to provide me with the graces I need to respond to Your call. If You had not been with me each day of my life, my story would be much different. As it is, You have rescued me constantly, and mostly from my own faults. Thank you for your great love!

Each day may I exclaim as does Psalm 126:1-3

When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, then we thought we were dreaming.
Our mouths were filled with laughter; our tongues sang for joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD had done great things for them."
The LORD has done great things for us; Oh, how happy we were!
May my life be a joyful song of Your great love! My Jesus, how I love you!


1 comment:

sirhair said...

Yay reconcilliation!