Wednesday, January 14, 2009

cookies

I made cookies today! That's right...a nice change from cake. :) I had gotten [myself] some cake decorating books for Christmas, and one of the books dedicates a nice section to cookie decorating. It looked super easy, just pipe royal icing to outline to cookie and fill with thinner royal icing.


Well, the whole process took me 4.5 hours. No wonder most sugar cookies are little blobs with some sprinkles on top! It was crazy! I also now understand why Starbucks can charge $5 for those cookies. With what I get paid as an RN, I would be able to buy a lot of $5 cookies for the 4.5 hours it took me to make these 20!

The book I got also showed how to make pretty flowers with royal icing! So I tried with the leftover...

As you can see, my flowers need a little work! But all in all it was a fun way to spend some time that I didn't know what else to do with!

I was going to make the cookies for work, but after the time and effort I put into them, I decided against it. I knew they would be quickly devoured by nurses who weren't necessarily hungry or appreciative of how hard I had worked.

Instead I decided to make them as little gifts to a select few. :)

2 comments:

Joyce Babbitt said...

They look "stellar"!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.