Friday, January 30, 2009

little me

I was reading through some old posts (4.5 years old already?) and it made me laugh. I remember being 19-20 years old. I really thought that I was a full-fledged adult. I was all ready to be on my own, get married, start a little family, and live happily ever after.

Being 19 is a dangerous age.



It's funny being 24 now and in a similar place in life...as far as getting married goes anyway. I have been on my own for over 3 years, financially independent of my parents (I think that was the proudest moment of my dad's life). I have learned a lot about life and am glad that I didn't get tied down at 19.

19 is definitely dangerous.



I don't really know how to put it any other way. I see a lot of 19 year olds go through similar situations, all the while thinking themselves very grown up. I think that 23-24 have been big years of growth for me. I am learning a lot about myself and others as well as how to get along nicely with my fellow humans.

Not to say that I have it all figured out. (That is a 19 year old attitude.) But I feel like I'm definitely in a better place in life. I'm sure in another 4.5 years I'll be posting again saying how glad I am not to be 24 anymore. C'est la vie!

Praise God that I'm done being 19!

No comments: