Sunday, May 15, 2005

fire of God, undying flame

Today at Mass, the following was our offeratory hymn. I especially like verse three. If you click on the link, you can hear the music as well.

Fire of God, undying Flame

--1.Fire of God, undying Flame, Spirit who in splendor came,
----let your heat my soul refine, till it glows with love divine.


--2.Breath of God, that swept in power in the Pentecostal hour,
----holy Breath, be now in me source of vital energy.


--3.Strength of God, your might within conquers sorrow, pain and sin.
----Fortify from evil's art all the gateways of my heart.


--4.Truth of God, your piercing rays penetrate my secret ways.
----May the light that shames my sin guide me holier paths to win.


--5.Love of God, your grace profound knows not either age or bound.
----Come, my heart's own guest to be; dwell forevermore in me.

No comments: