Sunday, May 29, 2005

orange shoes

Hey all!

I am at my Grandma's house for the weekend, and we are having a good time together. Yesterday we went shopping for most of the day. First of all, we went to Wal Mart where I purchased six balls of yarn to make a baby blanket for my Goddaughter, Cecilia. Hopefully it will be done by or before her first birthday.

Then, my grandma wanted to buy me some "boating shoes," so we went to Payless and I got some tennis shoes. BUT... it was their BOGO (buy one get one half off) sale, so she also bought me some orange sandals that I love and have been wearing ever since. They were only $5! Super deal. :)

Today we went to 9am Mass and then we had brunch, which is a big deal where she lives. It was very fancy and everyone was dressed in their Sunday Best. Good food, too.

When I was at Mass, the song sheet said that Thomas Aquinas wrote Mass music for the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ. I was super excited because I thought that we were going to use that music, which is beautiful, but we didn't. We used some music that someone wrote in 1993. I was a bit dissappointed. But Jesus was still there, so it was ok.

Well, I'd better get back to my knitting! ;)

I'll send a picture of my shoes and the blanket along when I get a chance.

God bless you all! Have a wonderful Memorial day!

1 comment:

Dana said...

hey sorry i haven't called you back. i'm such a dork. there's been all this drama with work (i'll call and tell you about it sometime). and moving back.
i'm glad you've been having a good time :-D