Thursday, May 19, 2005

un-lethal mowing

So I am having a great time in Virginia. Yesterday I went fishing and sailing with my family, which was a lot of fun. My Grandma kept telling me to put on sunscreen also. At first she told me to put some on my hands and face, then my feet, then my shoulders. So I did, but I got burned on my forearms because I didn't put any sunscreen on there. :)

Then last night we had a memorial dinner for my Grandpa who died August 12, 2002 (the day I left for NET). We made foods that he would have liked to eat, told fun Grandpa stories, and read about his life out of the family geneology. It was very nice. My Aunt said that they do something like this every year around his birthday to celebrate his life. I think my Grandma really appreciates it.

Today I woke up early to go fishing wiht my dad and uncle right off of the dock. When I first got there, my dad caught a 14"-16" large mouth bass named Jake. The above is a picture of my dad pretending that I caught it. I caught three little (3"-6" or so) fish, but nothing this morning. Oh well! But don't worry, we threw Jake back.

For lunch we went to a crab shack called Tim's II. It was really fun. We took the motor boat out there across the river.

Then my dad and Grandma left, starting my summer off with just me and my Aunt (Molly), Uncle (John), and Cousin (Chris).

After that my uncle taught me how to use a riding lawn mower. It was quite possibly one of the funnest things I've ever done in my entire life! :) Now, I've never mowed a lawn in my entire life because my dad was always afraid that I'd run my foot over or kill myself, but neither happened. *Praise God!*

So now I'm off to call the hospital to see if I can get myself a job as a CNA for the summer!

Have a wonderful day!

God bless you all!

2 comments:

sirhair said...

hey that's a cute shirt you're wearing... who'd you get it with ;-) must be a special person ;-)

I'm glad you're having fun and I'll keep your job search in prayer! :-)

Dana said...

YAY KAT..
sounds like your summer is off to a good start. I'm still at school and just want to get home! One week left!
Wish i had the money to come visit you!