Sunday, May 15, 2005

redirected

Today at Mass when I was in line for Communion, there were two 3-year-old twin girls holding hands next to me. They kept looking all around the church and getting distracted and talking to each other and their father. Their dad kept having to redirect their attention to walking straight ahead in the Communion line.

I feel like those little girls. I am so often distracted by the unimportant things in life, and God has to continually redirect my attention to walking towards Him. Seeing the father's gentleness, however, reassured me of the Father's tender compassion for me. I know I shall never be abandoned to wander off on my own, but He will keep pointing me back to the true goal.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith. Hebrews 12: 1-2

No comments: